What is Freelance Writing?
And what do Freelance Writers do?
Freelance writers work independently, or as contractors to provide professional writing services to clients. They consider some writers to be “gig-workers” depending on the state where they work.
The rules and laws for freelancers vary from state-to-state. To learn more about the rules, laws, and regulations for freelance writers in your area, visit the Freelancer’s Union website.
Small businesses, medium-sized businesses, and even enterprise-sized businesses use freelance writers to help reach their customers and target audience.
Freelance Writing Content
- Blog Posts
- Business Writing
- Web Page Content
- Social Media Posts
- Product Reviews
Freelance Writing skills
“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” – L. Lamour
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click on each link to learn more.
Why should I hire a freelance writer?
Content Management Systems
The Best Freelance writing resources online
- Make-A-Living Writing – Carol Tice is a professional freelance writer. She teaches other writers how to hone their skills and to make up to $5,000.00 a month.
- Elna Cain – Another professional writer and writing influencer, Elna Cain shares writing tips, tricks, and strategy that helps new freelance writers get off to a brilliant start.
- Freelance Writing – A list of freelance writing resources and leads for remote writing jobs online.
- Freelancers Union – Blog, rules, regulations and resources for independent contractors, freelancers, and gig workers. Find information on important topics like health insurance and collecting payments from non-pay clients.
- All Freelance Writing – professional writing resources that connects freelance writers with clients who need to hire ghostwriters, copywriters, article writers, magazine writers, and more. Join the Writer’s Marketplace to add your name to the list of writers.
- HubSpot Marketing – this comprehensive blog can help freelance writers with writing skills, marketing skills, SEO, and more via HubSpot’s online blog and free Marketing Academy online.
- Grammarly – automatically proofread your writing by using intuitive grammar checkers like Grammarly. Edit and proofread for free before submitting work to clients.
- ProWritingAid – another proofreading and grammar alternative. Provides in-depth writing advice and automated scoring of writing based on the Flesh-Kincaid reading scale. Find errors and improve your writing for free!
- WordCounter – keep track of your word count while writing with WordCounter. Free tool includes limited spelling, grammar, and proofreading features.
Writing style guides
Find links to updated writing style guides for grammar, formatting, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and more.
- AP Stylebook
- The Chicago Manual of Style
- APA Style
- AMA Style
FIND FREELANCE WRITING JOBS AND FREELANCE WRITERS ONLINE
- Crowd Content
- Tempest Media
- All Freelance Writing
subscribe to my newsletter today!
Want more freelance writing tips, tricks, and strategies delivered right to your inbox? Subscribe to my freelance writing newsletter today.
Business Blogging Services
According to Hubspot Marketing, business blogging is a great way to generate more visibility online for your business.
A business blog is a marketing channel that can educate, inform customers, and drive traffic to your website.
educate, inform, grow your audience
Why Blog? The Benefits of Blogging for Business and Marketing
Hiring a copywriter is one of the best ways to assign your brand a “voice” and consistently display that to your audience, followers, and customers.
Professionals at Workspace Digital advise to use a copywriter to reach your audience at the right time, using the right words, and the right tone of voice.
lead-generation, sales funnel, customer journey
Social Media Posts
Social Media Ads
Why Hire a Copywriter?
When you have a vision for your content but aren’t sure how to say the words, a ghostwriter is the best option for you.
Working with a ghostwriter makes it easy to get your message across with the help of a professional writer.
collaborate, website content, social media content
Social Media Content