Keep reading to learn which new AI technology does what and how to use it.
The letters GPT are short for “Generative Pre-Trained Transformer.“
What is ChatGPT?
msloydwrites response: ChatGPT is an NLP-based language model that has been designed to evolve with use. This latest form of artificial intelligence has taken the world by storm with its fast and accurate responses to everyday questions. It can also answer complex questions and cut research time in half for freelancers and small business professionals.
ChatGPT Response: “I am ChatGPT, a large language model trained by OpenAI, based on the GPT-3.5 architecture. I am designed to generate human-like text based on prompts given to me by users. I have been trained on a vast corpus of text, allowing me to generate coherent and meaningful responses to a wide variety of queries and prompts. Whether you need help with a homework assignment, want to learn about a particular topic, or just want to chat, I’m here to assist you!”
What is Google Bard?
msloydwrites response: Google Bard is the technology powerhouse’s answer to OpenAI’s ChatGPT. It is a large conversational language model that operates as a LaMDA application. Unlike ChatGPT which has limited access using APIs and compatible plugins, Bard is directly connected to the web and answers internet-based queries based on real-time information.
Google Bard Response: ” Bard is a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot trained to be informative and comprehensive. Bard is trained on a massive amount of text data, and is able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, Bard can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.
Bard is still under development, but it has learned to perform many kinds of tasks, including:
- I will try my best to follow your instructions and complete your requests thoughtfully.
- I will use my knowledge to answer your questions in a comprehensive and informative way, even if they are open ended, challenging, or strange.
- I will generate different creative text formats of text content, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, etc. I will try my best to fulfill all your requirements.
Please instruct me what you want me to do today.”
As you can see from the screenshot below, Google’s chatbot has a friendly and conversational tone.
Chat GPT vs. Google Bard – Features and Benefits
After using both ChatGPT and Google Bard as a beta user I have found strengths and weaknesses in both platforms.
Both AI language models show promise for use in small business management, freelance writing, and educational research.
Here is the breakdown.
- Chat GPT is available for users as long as there is enough AI-computing power to support demand.
- ChatGPT offers a plus plan that gives subscribers a better chance at getting their queries answered.
- Priority access offers uninterrupted sessions with the GPT-4 chatbot during peak time.
Subscribers who pay the $20.00 monthly subscription fee take precedence over users who bypass the paid subscription during peak chat time.
- Google Bard is currently in its beta phase and is available by invitation only.
- New users can add their names and email address to the waitlist and then wait for their turn to engage with Google’s conversational AI.
- Bard advises users on the home screen that it can make mistakes.
- When users are unsure of an answer given by Bard, they have the option to use Google Search to complete the query.
How Do You Engage with a ChatBot?
As this new technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, it will probably be sooner rather than later before we all find ourselves conversing with conversational AI chatbots.
Here’s how you talk to a chatbot:
- When formulating questions you want to ask the chatbot, be as specific and detailed in your query as possible to yield the best results.
- Ask closed-ended questions to get answers to specific questions.
- Ask open-ended questions when you want to learn more about specific topics during research.
- Engaging with a chatbot can be a pleasant experience when you formulate the right queries.
- In cases where the chatbot doesn’t fully answer your question, they normally provide enough detail to get you pointed in the right direction.
Small business owners, freelancers, and freelance writers can use chatbots to save tons of time on research for the following:
- Blog Post Ideas
- Historical Research
- Client Research
- Business Intelligence
- Common Sense Answers to Everyday Questions
I’ve even used ChatGPT to settle an argument as an impartial third party.
The possibilities for using chatbots in business, education, and even in our everyday lives are endless.
ChatGPT vs. Google Bard – Queries 2023 [more queries coming soon!]
Stayed tuned for more about my adventures with ChatGPT and Google Bard!
I’ll be posting more sample queries and prompts here.